Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

my bdservicehost uses too much of my cpu and memory all the time, how can i fix it?

Options
2»

Answers

• RomKnight
    RomKnight
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'll give it a shot of uploading and sharing a link to another place.

Pretty sure this is not the desired way so here's a suggestion to BD to work on this.

In any case, thanks for giving me the option as I was really unaware it was a possibility.

/edit

I gave gofile a chance and tried to upload 1 .dmp of the files. It also failed at the same place (about 30%) whilst uploading.

I though the issue might be the file type (as it is normal for sites for example to just accept .jpg or something like that) and decided to zip everything. Problem solved and the size reduced by a lot (dump files seems to be very "compressable").

Email sent with the link to BD so lets see if this can still be solved this year.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @RomKnight,

I confirm the engineers got your messages on the open ticket and they will respond soon.

Thank you.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@RomKnight I have noticed that your files were successfully submitted on the open case today and the engineers will return to you with further updates as soon as they have more information.

Thank you once again for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

• RomKnight
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

Do you have any news? Still nothing on my email at least

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @RomKnight,

I've noticed there haven't been any updates on the open case, however, I've asked the engineers to get back to you with news, if available.

Regards,

Alex

• RomKnight
    Options

Why do I have this feeling that BD knows the problem is going to go away when my license expires?

Still same old same old. Use some software that keeps reading files or move a lot of them from one side to another for long enough, or use some torrents with lots of files in it and the mem usage will go up and never freed.

I still would like to know why disabling Bitdefender all protection features still makes BD to use memory. It really should STOP doing anything which is quite suspicious if you ask me.

• RomKnight
    Options

major update today (one of those requiring a restart) so now I have engine version 7.96029, build 27.0.27.129

Updated at noon, and already over 1GB of mem use WITH everything disabled!

• RomKnight
    Options

So I tried Norton 14 day trial. Guess what is NOT happening with it installed in 5 hosts?

Problems are not happening.

Thanks those who genuinely tried to help. I have to say however, you guys really are defending a shirt that doesn't care about the customers.

I'll move on even with over 150days left, still on my license.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Well, what can I say. If that one works better for you, then it is what it is..

Not sure why the engineers couldn't get to the bottom of this in your case. But not caring is a bit harsh, the Support teams are always there to help. However, technical support is provided without any guarantee or warranty of any kind.

I'm sorry it had to be this way. Regardless of the security solution you have chosen, stay protected out there and know that you can come back here anytime. See how the current solution evolves in time and make the long-term choice based on that.

Regards,

Alex

• Pogossian
    Options

There are NINE instances of bdservicehost running on my Huawei laptop. It is slowing the laptop to the point of making it almost unusable. Reading posts above discover only EXTREMELY COMPLICATED SOLUTIONS. If there is no reasonably straightforward solution for this crippling bug I wish to cancel my subscription and receive a refund. This is not a cheap product. It fails to meet reasonable expectations. I note that this situation has been manifest for many users for a long time. This simply isn't good enough.

• RomKnight
    Options

I'm still waiting for an answer from BD after months. ONE process of BD runs between 400an500gb at reboot. After that is always going up until you have to reboot.

@Pogossian

Here's what I did:

Quite a difference huh? never went above 150GB - that I noticed - and that's when scanning.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Depending on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can reach a support representative via email, chat, or phone.

If you choose email support, you will receive a ticket number in your registered email. Kindly generate and attach the following logs to the ticket:

Generate Bitdefender BDsysLog: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1922/

Generate Bitdefender Support Tool Log: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate Bitdefender Connectivity Log: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

If the generated logs are larger than 25 MB, which is the attachment limit for most email vendors, you can upload the logs to https://upload.bitdefender.net/ and share the link with the support team.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• RomKnight
    Options

😂

Seriously?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Yes, because support on the forum is limited, you will have to contact Bitdefender support with the logs.

Additionally, @camarie can take a look into this for you.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

Trust me, we are not happy with this either. The main troubles are the fact we cannot reproduce that consumption.

And comparison with another product is not always a straightforward task, although, obviously, it does matter. There are products and suites, one with 3-4 features cannot compare fairly with another having 10 times more. An empty notepad takes 1.8-2 MB of memory, so I think not many features can fit in 31.7 MB of RAM.

"400an500gb at reboot" I hope is MB, not GB, right?

• RomKnight
    Options

MB of course, at boot and for a few hours only. After that every scan or whatever adds up until I run out of memory.

I already did my part with logs and whatever was asked of me, hence my "seriously" above. Just read backwards and you'll understand the why the sarcasm.

I'd still have valid 5 licenses for a while but I've grown tired of rebooting every couple of days. It was either change now or in a little over 100 days. It was bound to happen, also because BD won't add time to my licenses before the problem is solved anyway.

I just lost hope, that's all.

Regarding on how software works I don't care as long as it work. works or BD I don't know. I have what I need without problems and that's what's important.

Let me know if something comes up. I can test, assuming I still have a valid license when a possible solution is released.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

That is next on the list: optimization. While we might not cover all the case on the first try, I will be personally involved in this and I am positive we can improve, even if we will need several iterations.