Search Advisor and Trafficlight Not Working BD TS 2021

Search Advisor icons stopped working in Chrome and FireFox soon after BitDefender Total Security updated from 2020 to 2021. This is on a modern new (just purchased last month) high-end system, Core i7-9750H CPU, 32GB RAM, 512GB Western Digital NVMe SSD - all system drivers and updates (hardware, bios, operating system) fully current to latest versions.

Troubleshooting steps tried so far:

• Completely uninstalled BitDefender Total Security and Restarted System
  • Ran Windows Update and System Driver Updates manually to make sure all are current
  • Restarted system again
  • Reinstalled BitDefender Total Security directly from within BitDefender Central account
  • Let BitDefender run updates / ran quick scan / ran system scan
  • Rebooted again
  • Right-clicked BD TS icon and chose Update , completed 100%
  • Rebooted again
  • Tested - still no search advisor icons in web searches
  • Added BitDefender Trafficlight extension to all browers
  • Rebooted again

Results:

• Search advisor / no trafficlight icons still do NOT appear in searches in FireFox and Chrome (latest versions)
  • Search advisor / trafficlight icons DO appear in searches in Microsoft Edge
  • Contacted BitDefender Live Chat support on October 9th. BD Live Support agent stated she would open support ticket and was immediately reporting the issue to senior colleagues and second level support, and told me to rest assured the problem was being fixed.

So, while waiting to hear back from BD tech support, I'm posting this information here and will continue to update it.

Some more system information in the interim:

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Version 2004

Installed on 9/21/2020

OS Build 19041.508

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Product Info

BitDefender Total Security

Build 25.0.3.24

Last Product Update: 10/4/2020

Threat Database Info

Engine Version: 7.86227

Last Engine Update: 10/12/2020

Additional Info

Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 64 Bit with Trafficlight 3.1.3

FireFox Version 81.0.1 64 Bit with Trafficlight 3.1.4

Microsoft Edge Version 86.0.622.38 64 Bit with Trafficlight 3.1.3

Notice that Trafficlight for FireFox is is 3.1.4 , whereas on Chrome and Edge it's version 3.1.3

The trafficlight icons appear in seaches in Edge, but NOT in Chrome or FireFox

Answers

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at [email protected] regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• I emailed support for an update. They still don't have a time line for a fix. This is kind of ridiculous at this point.

• AnotherDaveAnotherDave ✭✭✭
    edited March 4

Search Advisor still does not work with Google. (Works with Bing though - tested again today with latest versions of Edge, Chrome, and FireFox)

I've tried installing/unsintalling TrafflicLight, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender Total Security, went through all of the settings. Search Advisor simply does not work with Google.

Bitdefender Total Security - Build 25.0.14.58 / Engine Version 7.87743

Windows 10 Pro64-bit Version 20H2 / OS build 19042.844

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz  / RAM 32.0 GB