chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to us.shb-sync.com

Otter2020Otter2020
edited February 22 in Protection

For a few weeks now I keep getting this warning for the same thing over and over again. I want to allow it so I don't have to keep seeing it but how do I know if it is safe or not. It says, "chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to us.shb-sync.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk."

Thanks for any help in advance,

Rhonda

Answers

• I am getting the same warning multiple times a day. I also want to allow if it is safe.

Discussion chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to us.shb-sync.com

Please help,

Donald

• I have even done a full system scan and there has been a recent Chrome update. I will call Bitdefender next. It doesn't seem to be as frequent today but we shall see what happens.

• I received the same thing. Did a quick glance through my certificates in Windows 10 Certificate Manager and could not find one that matched this according to expiration date. Not concerned since it i blocked but Bitdefender staff needs to look into it.