False detection of game

I have a game on my pc for years, today in its options I switched the game to full screen & instantly Bitdefender popped up to disinfect the game. After restoring, because it was in its full screen mode every time I tried to run it Bitdefender tried to disinfect it. I even manually added an exception to its folder but to my surprise Bitdefender ignored it & disinfected it again. After couple of unsuccessful attempts, I could bring it back via quarantine with (add an exception after restore) option, then changed the game to window mode. I noticed Bitdefender quarantined some other files from non-related paths alongside the game file. I have total security.

Comments

• Hello @Bitfender,

You can submit the game details to our engineers for malware analysis by using the form below:

As additional logs might be required to troubleshoot this, I would also recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams. You can get in touch with our representatives by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Let us know how it went.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks Alexandru_BD, I checked the false positive form & there are no space for my explanation. Since normally if you scan the game, Bitdefender doesn't recognize it as threat. Only if you change the game to full screen mode, it happens. So I think I leave the game as window mode & use it. The game is Governor of poker 2, if you are interested to know.

• Hi,

I would still recommend to report this behavior to our technicians.

Surely they will be able to further advise on the best practice here.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user