Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Auto Renewal

Is it ok to take £70 out of your bank account with zero notification beforehand?

Is it ok to dodge around the refund request by saying you were set up for auto-renew. No I wasn't !!!

I don't want an extra years cover free of charge if I stay.

I don't want a 50% refund. I want the no-quibble money-back guarantee that's promised at point of sale.

I want a full refund !!!

Where is the auto-renew button located anyway??? It isn't on dashboard and it isn't on Bitdefender Central.

I had to go into Paypal and cancel all future transactions just to make certain they couldn't do it again.

Comments

• In a similar situation here, just found out they have taken £135 with no notification.

The amount taken is more than there standard non discounted price, no trace of why or what it covers :(

• Hello @GraemeAnderson and welcome to the Community!

The Bitdefender security solutions come with an automatic renewal feature that allows you to conveniently retain your protection when your Bitdefender subscription expires, without having to go through all the motions of manually renewing your cyber-security solution.

You should have received an e-mail notification 7 days before the actual renewal date. 

These e-mails provide you with all the details about automatic renewal, including a link for easy cancellation of the service. If the auto renewal option remains active, your Bitdefender subscription will be automatically extended and this will keep your defenses activated without interruption for all devices covered by your current subscription.

Please keep in mind that, whether you want to activate the renewal option or disable it, you can do it anytime. 

You can cancel the automatic charges for your subscription by loging in to your Bitdefender Account and disable automatic renewal, or by contacting Customer Support at: cancel@bitdefender.com

If you have agreed to permit Bitdefender to automatically renew your subscription by charging a valid credit card number which you have provided to Bitdefender, your subscription will be automatically renewed prior to the expiration of the term and each anniversary thereafter for a fee no greater than Bitdefender's then-current price, excluding promotional and discount pricing.

The automatic renewal pricing is not linked to ongoing offers, discounts and promotions available at our official website or at different points of sale throughout our Partner Network and for this reason we are trying to offer our customers the opportunity to manually renew at favorable prices during the subscription period. 

The price at which the auto-renewal is made can be seen in automatic notifications so that any customer has the opportunity to request either the deactivation of the option, or a more advantageous offer.

To ensure maximum transparency on the Auto renewal process, information is available on our website, on the product pages and in the shopping cart, prior to the actual purchase, as shown below:

Essentially, the Bitdefender solutions are subscription based, similar to streaming services and the automatic renewal feature is a widespread option in the antivirus industry.

The Retention & Loyalty team provided alternatives for more flexibility in choosing the most suitable renewal option for your needs, but they will refund your renewal order in full, as per your request.

I hope this information was helpful.

Should you reconsider the Bitdefender solutions in the future, you may visit the Renewal & Upgrade section on the official website, for the latest discounts available: https://www.bitdefender.com/renewal/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user