Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

UI: Resizable Window + Make text size bigger and more

Options

This feature request was posted 12 years ago:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/30538/resizable-interface

It makes sense. Bitdefender's interface accessibility is terrible and poorly designed. I've been using this product since 2013 and there's little to no improvement in UI and UX design.

The texts are too small. There should be an option to make the labels bigger.

Quarantine feature is hard to find. This software is bad for developers. The AI and heuristics are not perfect. Why make it hard to restore my newly developed app executables?

If you want to quit scanning or choose not to quarantine a file, it always asks "Are you sure you want to exit?" It is annoying. There should be a checkbox that allows users to choose not to show the prompt again.

The installation process is really slow. You can't try the product without creating an account.

Bitdefender agent remains in the system like a spyware; a parasite. You would need IObit Uninstaller to remove all of its components.

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @chiyaki and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

In regards to the installation process, all steps are necessary and the Bitdefender agent is an important part of the whole ecosystem, because it facilitates not only the installation, but also various other activities. The Central login has been made mandatory to enhance security and to include additional layers of protection, such as the 2FA, but also to allow further development of the subscription model.

Concerning the resizing of the interface and other adjustments, currently there are no development plans in this direction, but it is possible that some work will be carried on the interface this year. It's too early to say how it will translate user-facing (if it's just a change of implementation or redesign), at this moment.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• chiyaki
    chiyaki
    edited November 2023
    Options

• "In regards to the installation process, all steps are necessary and the Bitdefender agent is an important part of the whole ecosystem, because it facilitates not only the installation, but also various other activities."

But why does it have to stay in the system after uninstalling the product? Good thing that I only tested the recent version of Bitdefender on a system protected with Deep Freeze.

• "Concerning the resizing of the interface and other adjustments, currently there are no development plans in this direction, but it is possible that some work will be carried on the interface this year."

I think I made (and all others who mentioned resizable interface from 13 years ago) a valid suggestion.

From design perspective, mentioning that "there are no development plans in this direction" show the lack of interest to ease of use.

Nothing has improved in UI and detection of harmless files. Decades have passed and I'm still not convinced to install it as main antimalware, even if it's free.