Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender keeps asking me to grant Full Disk Access by dropping the icon in the privacy window...

Options

but the icon is already there?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @trout_hunter123 and welcome to the Community!

I'm not quite sure I understand the situation. If you are using a Mac and wish to grant full disk access, you can check the article below for detailed steps:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same problem on an Imac. Bitdefender keeps asking me to grant Full Disk Access by dropping the icon in the privacy window... The problem is Bitdefender.. SPSE and B Antivirus for Mac are already in the folder with Full Disk Access checked.

I have uninstalled & re-installed with the same problem. Again only on one of our Mac do we have this problem. Thanks for any help, Kenny

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

It may actually ask for something else. After installation, you have to do two things to make it work: one is to give full disk access and the other one is to unlock it.

Check the below article, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "How to continue the installation..." for the relevant MacOS:

Let us know if this was helpful.

Best regards.

• jackgm
    Options

I'm having the same problem on my MBP Air. Being continuously told to drag the 'B' icon to Full Disk Access. When I check, the 'B' is there but the toggle switch for the selection has been turned off. Turn it back on and it's back to normal. I've been running BitDefender for a long time and the problem has appeared rather recently. The only change I've made with the laptop is I downloaded Sonoma a couple of months ago.

• DukeOfMdns
    Options

It seems I am having the same problem as those above. I have installed successfully on my iMac and MacMini. I grant full access on System Preferences. Everything looks OK. I go to open the antivirus interface, and it still says Grant Full Access even though your icons have been deposited in Accessibility (Privacy)

Is this indeed a bug?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @DukeOfMdns,

As far as I know, all subsequent reports for this matter should go through Customer Support for further analysis, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

• Andre_C
    Options

I'm having the same issue. It happened right after updating to the new version. I have an open ticket with support. Tried all what they said to try with no success. I'm thinking there's a problem with the update. Does anybody know if there's a way to reinstall the older version?

• Andre_C
    Options

A Support Engineer just got back to me. The problem is on their end and they will have an update to fix the problem.

• I'm having the same problem and this screen prevents me from accessing any of the BitDefender tools or reporting. BitDefender appears to be running, but I can not view the results of scans since it only shows the screen to "Grant Full Disk Access".

• Same issue here…..

Installed and reinstalled the software in my Mac and nothing happens. Bitdefender VPN loads just fine without issues, but the problem is with Bitdefender Total Security. The software gets installed but it just doesn't load. It keeps asking to drag the file but the applications are there and they are properly checked.

Please help…..

• Steve Bradley
    Options

Same issue.

Does anyone know when they will have a fix and provide the update? update

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I think what happens is this: with Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac version 10.x, a new Core Security.app now appears in the /Applications/Bitdefender folder and needs full disk access. Here are the exact Bitdefender entries that require Full Disk Access:

Check this first and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Alex

• Steve Bradley
    Options

It does Alex

Regards, Steve

• Same issue here. Just started two days ago, just after most recent Bitdefender auto-update and restart. Keeps asking me to grant full disk access, but won't quit the program to allow and icons are already checked in the privacy window. OS10.15.7 Catalina

• Steve Bradley
    Options

Have a ticket open with BD Support. Will post when I get an update.

• Booskiboo
    Options

After renewing my subscription today I’m having exactly the same problem! I hope Bitdefender fix this very soon otherwise it will be request a refund time! Good luck to us all 🤞

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 19
    Options

Just a quick follow up here, it seems this is indeed a bug and it is recommended to get in touch with the Support teams for further assistance, until this is resolved by the developers. I'll post any news I may have as soon as I get them, and please do share with us your findings if you have contacted the Support teams already.

Thank you all for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

• Steve Bradley
    Options

Ticket provided New Ticket from Chat 1009196982. This reference sent to me after I sent BD the profiler log by email as requested.

• Thanks. Hopefully this can be solved within the next few days, I have my renewal coming up in the next few weeks and definitely will not like to cancel if the issue still is there. Regards.

• Appreciate it. Also hoping for a prompt resolution. Will keep an eye out.

• Steve Bradley
    Options

Support responded with a suggest fix. Uninstall BD, Open Mac in Safe mode, reboot in normal mode, re-install BD. Unfortunately this did not work and I get the request screen to 'Grant full disk Access'. Interestingly if you open the Mac in safe mode with BD installed you get the normal Dashboard screen. I have informed Support the fix did not resolve the issue.

• Booskiboo
    Options

thank you so much for trying to sort the issue out. It is very much appreciated 😁

• chrismonti
    Options

It sounds like you're encountering a request from Bitdefender, a popular antivirus and cybersecurity software, to grant it full disk access on your Mac. Full Disk Access is a macOS security feature introduced in macOS Mojave (10.14) that allows applications to access files and data in protected locations on your hard drive. This feature is crucial for antivirus software like Bitdefender to effectively scan and protect your system.

• Steve Bradley
    Options

Update from the Support team is that they have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.
    They will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as they have one.

• As a note on this issue - control of setting full disk access is a feature added in MacOS 10.14, as pointed out above.

Please ensure fix checks OS version and skips FDA to MacOS 10.13 and below. Checking minimum system requirements BD still supports MacOS 10.10+

• Update this morning seems to have resolved the issue for me. Hope everyone else is also resolved. And thanks to all for your help.

• Booskiboo
    Options

thank you for the update. 😁

• Steve Bradley
    Options

Yes, required a reboot but now seems it's working properly again.

• Upgrade kit 10.0.0.20 completed and no longer asked for Full Disk Access on pre-MacOS 10.14 machine - cheers!

• Thanks….. It seems to be working now without issues, I'll run a full scan shortly.

I downloaded what seems to be the latest upgrade kit, allowed it full access in the General tab and also for the file/app Bitdefender.SPSE under the Privacy tab. After that, the files/apps Antivirus for Mac and and Core Security loaded under the same Privacy tab. Finally, I just manually added Bitdefender Agent and Bitdefender VPN. The latest threat database downloaded without issues.

I checked under Bitdefender Central and it's acknowleding my Mac, so we seem to be good.

Regards and thanks for the follow up.