Show reputation rating about a file & submit False Positive directly in the product

1. I am not sure if Bitdefender has reputation cloud or something like that. Based on my experience with ESET, Kaspersky and Norton, I find the reputation quary feature (ESET's LiveGrid, Kaspersky's KSN and Norton's file insight) very useful when deciding whether or not to open a file. For example, if I want to open a file that was downloaded from the internet but was not detected by the antivirus engine, I'll check the file's reputation - if it's marked as clean/trusted, I'll open it; if it's marked as unknown, I'll upload it to VirusTotal first. This practice, in my opinion, can reduce the risk of being compromised. So, I'm hoping Bitdefender will be able to provide a similar feature like that.
  2. I know we can submit a FP/FN through the website. However, I believe that submitting them in the product (e.g. Quarantine) for further analysis will be more convenient for users. It would be even better if Bitdefender could pop up a notification of the results after the analysis is complete.

Thanks!😊

Tagged:
7 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @AnthonyQ and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.

In regards to the first feature request, this could be feasible. I know for sure that the second proposal was brought into discussion before. Regardless of this, I will forward your valuable feedback to our development teams for analysis in the next feedback sprint. They will let us know if the features can be implemented in the near future.

Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user