How was your experience with Bitdefender guys?

I used to have McAfee. It was good enough and 100% acting performance but slowing down my machines as I felt it is very heavy. Currently I'm trying the free-trial of Bitdefender. have you faced any issues that reviewers didn't mentioned?

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello.

Here is a screenshot from my laptop's task manager, that i've just got:

Laptop: Asus X551CA

Purchased: April 2014

Specs: Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4GB DDR3

Hardware change: November 2018, 500GB HDD -> 120GB SATA-III SSD

I'm a Bitdefender Total Security user since 2017.

Since then, Bitdefender never had any impact on the performance of my laptop.

Regards.

Answers

• Thank you very much for the answer and clarification. Can you guide me how to shred files in Recycle Bin (in McAfee this function is built-in).

• Gjoksi

@A-Bit

Hello again.

I deleted a .jpg file called Test from the desktop to the Recycle Bin.

Now, right click on the Recycle Bin icon and select Bitdefender -> File Shredder.

REMEMBER: Since the file is in the Recycle Bin it will be renamed, in my case from "Test" to "$RJLUCYL". This is because Windows assigns a temporary name to the file inside the Recycle Bin meta folder. So, ALL files in the Recycle Bin will be renamed from the original filename.

In the next window click on Delete Permanently.

You'll be asked if you want to continue, just click "Yes, Delete" and after that you in the next window click on "Finish".

When it's all done, the file from the Recycle Bin is successfully shredded.

Regards.

• Thank you, Gjoksi.

I don't know, it seems your above solution works with older versions of windows as I have windows 11 and once I right click on recycle bin, it doesn't show Bitdefender in the list (see below screenshot). That only works on files other than recycle bin.

• Gjoksi

@A-Bit

You didn't mention that you're using Windows 11. :)

Anyway, @Scott already gave you the correct answer.

Regards.

• Anyways, you are supportive and smart enough and I would like to thank you Gjoksi and many thanks to Scott too for the update 🙏

• Hello @A-Bit and welcome to our Community!

Additional to what @Gjoksi and @Scott said, I can tell you that the engineering team has this in the wokflow. W11 has a different approach to contextual menus and it requires a bit of tinkering to make it work.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hello Mike,

Thank you for your remark. However, if it is tinkering work, it should be simple 😅

By the way, I mentioned that I used to have McAfee for long time and the shredding function by right-clicking was working well. In addition they have alternative way to shred the Recycle Bin from the application itself where they built-in the recycle bin as a pre-set option into the shredder list as you can select it from drop-list and press "SHRED" directly giving 4 levels of shredding.

Thanks again for the follow-up.

Regards,

Ahmad