Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Command Line Usage of File Shredder and Scanner

Options

Hi to all,

Is it possible to launch File Shredder and/or Scanner from command line?

I checked the .exe files in the installation directory, but it seems none of them does the job.

I am asking this because I use Total Commander like many users in this community. I have seen many posts about Total Commander, and they mention the missing right click menu (context menu). On 64-bit systems, 32-bit shell extensions will not be visible, that is expected.

But, if we knew the command line usage of the tools, it can be integrated via Total Commander's toolbar.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

As far as i know, command line scanning and/or shredding is available only for business products and not for home products. But, can't be 100% sure.

Maybe @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD have other answers to your question.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @chugLT,

File Shredder and/or Scanner cannot be launched from command line, as this feature is not available by design.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• chugLT
    Options

Thank you for the answer.

When you run Sysinternal's Process Explorer, and then launch "File Shredder" from BitDefender Security Center, it is visible that it is actually this file:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\bdfvwiz.exe

But, when this program is run from command line, nothing (visible) happens.

I really wish we had this feature for home products too.

Anyway, thank you for the explanation.

Regards.