Trouble With Playing Vimeo Videos. What Should I Do?

I have been using a website that hosts vimeo videos for accountancy training but as of this week I get this error on the video and it wont work.

"Sorry

Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here."

I have tried the site on different computers without Bitdefender and it works perfectly.

Has something recently changed with Bitdefender Premium Security?

Best Answers

• Patch
    Patch
    Answer ✓

I have been having the same issue with videos on a site that I manage.

I know we did not change anything on the site so I looked at other options.

It seems that turning off the "BitDefender Anti Tracker" in my google browser means I can see the videos again.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Patch,

That's very interesting, thank you for sharing your findings with us.

Also, it is not necessary to turn off the Anti-Tracker completely, you can also add an exception for a particular website by following these instructions:

• Open your web browser.
    • Click the Anti-Tracker icon next to the search bar.
    • Click the settings icon in the upper-right corner.
    • If you are on the website you want to add to exceptions, click Add current website to the list.

If you would like to add another website, type its address in the corresponding field, and then click "add".

This will allow trackers while visiting a particular website and can solve any access issues.

@Joshg22 are you also using the Anti-Tracker extension by any chance? Let us know.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Taken from here:

“Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here”

If you’re seeing this error in the player, the video you are watching has domain-level privacy enabled. Learn more at 'Set your video's viewing privacy before uploading' The video’s owner can adjust the domains where a video can appear within “Where can this video be embedded?” section of the embed settings page.

If the domain is listed in your video settings page, but the error is still appearing, the domain specified in your address bar may be different from the domain sent to the Vimeo player. In these cases, a privacy error may appear. Contact a web developer to confirm if there is anything in your site's HTML code that could be blocking the referrer from reaching our player iframe.

Also, if you are using Bitdefender VPN, check out this article:

and see if the steps in the article will help you.

Regards.

• Nice one @Gjoksi 👍️

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD Thanks, mate. 😊

• Hi,

I appreciate this, but it hasn't solved the issue. the videos don't work with VPN on or off. so it isn't the VPN I don't think. I've reached out to the company who's website it is and they haven't made any changes to their site and as I mentioned above, the site works fine on two other computers I have tested which don't have Bitdefender installed.

No idea what the issue is but maybe it cannot be resolved.

Thanks

• Gjoksi

@Joshg22

In that case, follow the next steps:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hello,

If the VPN is not causing this behaviour, you could also try to temporarily disable the security modules in Bitdefender, and check the videos after each deactivation, to see if they work. This would help identify the root cause. Make sure to re-enable your defenses once the troubleshooting process is done. You can find the steps on how to do this in the article below:

Let us know how it goes. If the culprit can be found this way, we'll advise on the next steps to follow, depending on the cause.

Regards

• @Patch @Alexandru_BD

Thank you both, this did the trick! I am using the Anti-Tracker extension and have followed your instructions and now it works!

How strange that one day this decided to not like Vimeo videos.

Thank you everyone for your help.

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I've got the same issue. I updated Windows 10 to the latest patch level, but with no progress. Solution mentioned by Joshg22 works perfect. Many thanks, Joshg22!

• I have the same issue with the Anti-tracker and Vimeo videos, if their privacy settings are set to certain domain. I've figured it out, when our online courses stopped to work for people using Bit deffender. Would it be possible to fix that issue? Is there any coordidation with Vimeo required?

• Hi @aztechowski,

Follow my instructions above and let us know if they are helpful:

Also, have a look at Gjoksi's comment:

It seems that Vimeo doesn't like the Anti-tracker much 🙂

Regards

• Thanks for posting this. I was also having the security privacy error on vimeo hosted videos and turning off bit-defender solves it.

• I've just turned off Anti-Tracker. I can't imagine to myself, that we need to dozen of customers, that they need to do, what h've described. It's to complex for them.