Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Automatic Scan On External HDD ("Autoscan" Is On). Any Help?

Hello folks, i recently installed my Total Security, today i proceed to connect my external hard drive on my PC and while i have enabled the automatic scan option for flash drives, nothing was done by Bitdefender. I had zero notifications about scanned drives etc..

I tried many times to reconnect it and then i inserted some USB sticks too, the first USB was the same but then in the next attempts i was notified about the scans normally. Still though, on the HDD its not working.

So is this really a hit or miss feature? Or is it something i am missing? I know i can do that with right click but this behavior seems strange to me. Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hello,

I have noticed the same missing autoscan. Using latest version of BTS, and when inserting a USB memory stick, there is no automatic scan (like there used to be). The settings in BTS are still on default ('autoscan').

I reinstalled BTS (remove and re-install), but no change; Still not autoscanning after inserting USB stick.

Any other users noticing this (missing) behaviour (when inserting USB sticks)?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Hello.

I did a test on my laptop.

I insterted 2 (two) different USB memory sticks (1GB and 8GB) and BOTH were automatically scanned.

You should do the steps from my previous comment on this post.

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@Leokopite as far as a USB HDD may be different than a standard flash drive. Mine doesn't automatically scan those either, but I can now do a manual right-click to scan.

Maybe BD detects the hardware involved as to not scan USB HHD's as those are mainly used for high volume static storage, compared to a normal portable flash drive, which do get scanned automatically as per my allowing that option?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/