Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension ignoring Threat Prevention Exception

Options

I signed up for a site that offered tutorials on varying topics and they have a requirement to be able to track me on their site. I entered the domain as an exception to the Online Threat Protection, but I still couldn't access their tutorials until I disabled the Anti-tracker Chrome extension. I don't like it as I have to remember to turn it back on when I'm finished on the site, and want to find out if there's something I've missed that would allow me to have the extension on and have it allow tracking for the whitelisted site.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @2oolate

The Online Threat Prevention and Anti-tracker protect different categories of our online web life. To exclude a website from Anti-tracker, go to that website then click on the Anti-tracker icon, then click on the gear icon at the top then Settings "Add the current website to the list". You can also add it manually. Refresh the webpage and see if that takes care of it for you.

Anti-tracker protects our online privacy in this way:

What types of trackers are detected by Bitdefender Anti-Tracker?

The Web trackers detected by the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker extension can be grouped into 5 categories:

• Advertising – used to analyze website traffic, user behavior, or visitors’ traffic patterns.
    • Customer Interaction – used to measure user interaction with different input forms such as chat or support.
    • Essential – used to monitor critical webpage functionalities.
    • Site Analytics – used to gather data regarding webpage usage.
    • Social Media – used to monitor social audience, activity, and user engagement with different social media platforms.

The Online Threat Prevention protects us in the way shown on the main UI Protection Panel: Web Protection, Search Advisor, Encrypted web scan, Fraud protection and Phishing protection. So adding that into the Exceptions served a different purpose than what the Anti-tracker component does, thus it had no effect on the website you were trying to allow the tracking ability.

I hope this helped :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• 2oolate
    Options

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. What you're telling me is I need to read the manual and learn how the products I use, but in a much nicer way.

Thank you again!

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

No problem, you're fine, I don't mind doing it. Your question may help someone else who sees your thread. It's just that Bitdefender does have a lot of useful articles, but it's sometimes easier just to post a thread and ask :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/