Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Messenger behavior - app anomaly?

Options
Niko303
edited September 2023 in Mobile Security

Hi,

All the links I click inside messenger lead me to a scam page.

Is this considered an app anomaly and should the app anomaly detection in Bitdefender detect and block this kind of behavior please?

Or is there another solution for this?

Thanks,

Niko.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

The link should be detected as malicious by the Scam Alert feature:

More info can be found here:

Regards.

• That's all activated but it's not detecting it.

The thing is, it's not a malicious link that's being sent in the chat.

It's when I open it that messenger redirects me from the correct website to a scam page.

• Hello @Niko303,

We can look further into this if you can provide me some examples of URLs with which this happens and also tell me if you have Messenger and the browser installed from an official store (Google Play). Please send me the links in a private message, as posting malware samples and /or URLs is not allowed in the community, as per our forums' guidelines.

If you open legitimate links and end up with a scam page, it definitely means something is not right. Kindly note that if the links are legitimate, there's not much we can do with this information alone. But if the links are indeed infected, the mobile security researchers can figure it out. So, the first step would be to have a look at those links and you can just share the ones you feel comfortable with, privately.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user