Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is there any way to copy the password suggested by BitDefender password manager?

Options

When providing a password to logon to a new site, Password Manager has a useful feature to generate a strong password for you - BUT I DON'T use it! Because I can't find a way to copy the password to clipboard, and password manager doesn't always recognise the logon and offer to save it, which then leaves me with a new logon which I don't have a record of the passord for - my only option is to immediately reset the password.

At least if I could copy the password to clipboard, I could set it up in Password Manager automatically if PM fails to recognise the logon. Better still, it should automatically copy to clipboard.

This is one of a number of issues I have with PM.

Tagged:

Answers

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Ettery,

Welcome on the forum !

You could suggest your proposal on the thread below:

A little bird tells me the real issue is "if PM fails to recognize the logon", well...

I do not use Password Manager, so I let experts answer you.

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Regards.

• Ettery
    Options

I'm talking about this dialog...

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Ettery,

Is the visible generated password the good and last one ?

I cannot believe my eyes!

I would take a picture to paste it on a brand new sheet... wouldn't I ? [and sell it at Sothebys (if the art dealer is keen on contemporary art)]

So I keep the password.

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Ettery
    Options

@Liobet - the only value of that password is in your art collection - I hope you enjoy it! I don't save real passwords anywhere (except in password manager).

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Liobet @Ettery

Guys, guys, no need for sarcasm and/or bad language. Stay cool. 🙂

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry to all, I do not use password manager.

My apologizes to Ettery, I was serious when I talked of making a picture (after all, it is what I did to put my box's serial number in my directory) of the visible password. OK it needs then to implement manually a great number of figures.

Have a nice day!

L.

• Ettery
    Options

@Gjoksi No offense taken here - I think it's valid to highlight the posting of a password which might accidentally be the one in use - it happens often on forums and public code repos.

@Liobet I could screenshot the image each time I guess, but it would be far smother just to have the password placed in the copy buffer in case of need...

• i have had this same issue you have described i.e. "password manager doesn't always recognize the logon and offer to save it, which then leaves me with a new logon which I don't have a record of the passwords for - my only option is to immediately reset the password"

The solution that has worked for me is to use the Generate Password option, after you generate a password you can click on it and will copy the password to the clipboard, upon which you can manually edit associated account.

This issue also occurs when changing a password, I believe to be a bug in their software.