Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What is Bitdefender Agent App?

Options

Hi!

I am a fresh user of Bitdefender for Mac. After installation I see that I have 3 apps installed on my Mac:

1) Antivirus for Mac

2) VPN

3) Bitdefender Agent

First two are totally understandable. However, I am not sure what is Bitdefender Agent app.

When this app is "clicked" it opens a window which asks for Bitdefender credentials (login/password). After those are provided then a pop-up is displayed saying that "Bitdefender Agents want to make some changes" and that it requires Administrator credentials. After those are provided, windows just disappears and nothing happens.

Is it a proper behaviour? What is it that app?

Thx in advance for Your help!

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Bitdefender Agent is the central control center for all Bitdefender activities.

It serves a few crucial functions:

• Manages communication: The agent facilitates communication between Bitdefender and the cloud, ensuring your antivirus definitions are updated, scans are performed, and alerts are delivered.
    • Handles system integration: It integrates Bitdefender with various Mac system features to perform security functions like real-time file monitoring and web protection.
    • Provides management interface: The Bitdefender Agent interface you saw allows you to access different security modules, adjust settings, run scans, and view security reports.

In simple words,

Bitdefender Agent is a key program that ensures the continuous operation of Bitdefender programs on your computer. It's essential for the antivirus to remain active, so Bitdefender has delegated this task to a separate process. This process ensures that the antivirus remains constantly active and visible in the system tray while it is running on your system.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Trox
    Options

Hi @Flexx !

First of all thanks for Your comprehensive answer!

I understand now, what Agent is doing. However, I am still not sure why it behaves in such a strange way after being "clicked".

it opens a window which asks for Bitdefender credentials (login/password). After those are provided then a pop-up is displayed saying that "Bitdefender Agents want to make some changes" and that it requires Administrator credentials. After those are provided, windows just disappears and nothing happens.

What is a reasoning behind this strange flow?

@Alexandru_BD Maybe You know :) ?

Thx in advance!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Trox,

Bitdefender agent also makes the connection between the installed Bitdefender product and the subscription system. If it requests changes, it is to adapt the installed product to the subscription values running in the Central account. Through it, any update or modification of the subscription/license is also reflected in the product itself.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user