Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Multiple questions from a new user

Options

A. Is there a way to manage notifications?

I often get the following notification on my desktop:

"Suspicious connection blocked

Feature:Online Threat Preventionfirefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to gitcdn.xyz. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one."

This is great and all, but at this point this is more annoying than anything else. Is there a way to suppress / manage these suspicious connection blocked.

B. Anti-Theft Wipe

Since I am my family's "system Admin". I like the the fact that BitDefender can give me an overview on all the various devices within my network. The only feature that makes me somewhat nervous, is the feature that I can potentially remotely order the data on a computer to get wiped. Are there any safeguards so this does not happen accidentally, since the consequences would the "disastrous" if that were to happen. Can I put a two factor authentication on the feature? I checked the user manual, but the only info I got is how I can access the wipe feature and not if just clicking it (accidentally) would wipe a computer.

C. Tickets

Is there a way to view, update, follow, the tickets I have created with the Bitdefender support?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Johnny_Walker and welcome to Bitdefender and the Community!

I'll do my best to help you out here.

A. Yes, the antivirus has multiple notifications which can be enabled/disabled according to your preferences. Here's a breakdown of notifications that can be managed in settings:

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications"

2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification).

3. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications".

4. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone".

5. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification).

After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

Security related notifications cannot be disabled entirely. When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen. Whenever something relevant to the security of your system or data happens, such notifications play a key role in raising awareness of the events happening on the device and send assurances that the product is operating as expected. Options may be provided to take further action, if needed. Being a security product by design, it does not have a toggle to disable security-related notifications, as this would defy the whole purpose of having an interactive antivirus that provides feedback and alerts the user of any potential threats or attacks coming their way.

The “Suspicious connection blocked” notification is triggered by Bitdefender’s Online Threat Prevention module whenever there is an attempt to access an HTTPS domain that has security certificate issues. Unlike HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), HTTPS (safer HTTP Secure standard, HTTPS) is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS), securing communications between your computer and the websites you visit.

In the below article, you will find more information on how to manage this type of alert and identify what triggers it:

Bitdefender’s Online Threat Prevention module may alert you when you try to visit a secured website (HTTPS) with an invalid security certificate. It tends to be websites with lots of ads, such as news websites, and analytics companies with an expired certificate trying to establish a connection. If you wish, you can check their SSL certificates at https://www.sslshopper.com/.

If you do not visit the website gitcdn.xyz. directly and you still receive these notifications, then your browser connects to it either through allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. I suggest that you clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser. You can find these steps here:

B. The Anti-Theft feature.

Anti-Theft is a Bitdefender Total Security module that packs effective anti-loss and anti-theft tools for your Windows laptop or tablet, remotely accessible from anywhere in the world via your Bitdefender Central account. Before remotely wiping a device, you are provided with a confirmation window, so after you click on the Anti-Theft feature, you can choose to Remotely locate, lock, wipe or send a message to your device. This means that you are actually 3 clicks away from the wipe action which makes it highly unlikely to mistakenly wipe the device in question.

1st click:

2nd click:

3rd click (confirmation screen):

There's even a fourth click if we count the checkbox of agreement.

So, unless the wipe action is deliberate, I think a device cannot be wiped without intent. To answer your question, I think the only relevant scenario to consider here would be if someone gains unauthorized access to your Central account and its commands. Needless to say that, to prevent that from happening, as the account holder you should be the only one to know the account login credentials. For this reason, I recommend that you don't share your account credentials with anyone else and make sure to enable the 2-Factor Authentication security layer for your account.

With 2-Factor Authentication, your Central account can only be accessed on devices you trust. Each time you sign in to your Central from a new device, your password and a verification code will be required. More information regarding this feature is available at the link below:

This feature ensures that even IF your credentials are known to somebody else, they will not be able to gain access to your Central account, thus no one except you can change the settings. This defense also protects against cyberattacks, such as keyloggers, brute-force, or dictionary attacks. Multiple failed attempts to login will also trigger an account lock, in effect until the identity of the owner can be proven.

C. Product Support.

As a valued provider, we strive to provide our customers an unparalleled level of fast and accurate support. The Support Center is updated with the newest virus descriptions and answers to common questions, to help you find relevant solutions in a timely manner. This is the knowledge base that contains articles and common fixes for frequently asked questions and represents the self-service area available for all Bitdefender users.

This Community is an environment where Bitdefender users, enthusiasts and fans can engage, exchange ideas, support eachother and share their knowledge and solutions. It is also a place of ideation and provides valuable feedback to our development teams. In the event a solution is not found in the Community, usually more information is required for troubleshooting, such as logs coming from the product and in some cases, remote intervention must be carried. This will help the engineers obtain a better understanding of the context and the circumstances involved. Such specific operations cannot be carried in the public forum, thus it is recommended to contact the Bitdefender Support Teams, for a detailed investigation.

You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

To connect to a Technical representative, scroll down to the bottom of the Support Page, state the reason of contact and choose between the two live channels, chat or phone, or fill in the contact form which will create a ticket for the engineers and this will also provide you with a reference number. The usual response timeframe for an open case varies between 24 to 48 hours, depending on the workload and business hours. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

No matter the chosen contact channel, a ticket will be opened and a reference number will be assigned to it. Further communications will take place via email and you will find their replies in your inbox, from where you can reply directly.

I hope the information is useful and should you have any questions, the community is here to answer. 🙂

NOTE: if you've already found the way to disable the automatic renewal feature for your subscription, simply reply on the ticket and let the Support teams know this, so they can close the case.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers