Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Multiple Bitdefender Accounts

Options

Hey!

Silly question: Can I have two separate Bitdefender Accounts created on two different e-mail addresses with different hardware assigned? I know there is nothing to stop me from technical side, however I am wondering is there anything which should stop me from doing that? Like terms of service or anything else?

I have two groups of hardware I want to secure with Bitdefnder yet I would like to have them separated from each other - not to be managable via single Bitdefender Central account.

Additional question: If I have PC assigned to subscription on one Bitdefender Central Account can I later assign it to subscription of another Bitdefender Central Account?

Thx in advance!

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Trox and welcome to the community.

To answer your question, yes, you can have multiple Central accounts, there's no "law" against that. :)

This means that all protected devices will not share the same Bitdefender subscription/license. So, in this scenario you would have two separate Bitdefender subscriptions/licenses, each protecting a numer of devices. For example, 5 on one account and 5 on the other. The protected devices can be later assigned to another Central account, here are the steps:

I hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Cisak
    Options

Hej Bitdefender vänner,

Jag har en liknande fråga: I min kommande uppdatering så skulle jag helst vilja ha mitt eget konto, känns inte bra med säkerheten om mina övriga användare användare har samma lösenord och mailadress som jag går det att dom skapar egna användar namn och ändå använder mitt Bitdefender.

Hälsningar Christer i ett kallt Stockholm

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Cisak and thanks for joining us here.

Since I don't speak Swedish, I'll post my reply in English, I hope that's alright with you. 🙂

Before I start, let me say this: Stockholm is a beautiful city, I went there a few years back and loved it.

In the event you are the subscription holder and Central account owner, the users who have their devices protected by your Bitdefender subscription/license active in your account do not have access to your login credentials. When other users share your subscription, they are not required to enter your Central email address and password to install protection. Basically, they won't have a Central account console, they will only have the software installed.

You can click Protect other devices and then choose one of three ways to send the download link to another device:

a. QR code: Use your smartphone’s or tablet’s camera to scan the QR code.

b. Copy link: Copy the download link to your clipboard and share it through a direct message.

c. Email link: Enter a valid email address to send the link to the devices you wish to protect.

The other users will then open the link on the device they wish to protect and click Download Bitdefender to install the software. The download link expires after 24 hours, but you can generate a new one from your Bitdefender Central account, if needed.

However, there are some limitations in place. There is a limit on how many autologins you can do in a certain period of time, and you can only autologin from the country where the Central account was created. So, if you send invites to someone from another country, or if the person trying to use the install link is connected to a VPN in another country, the link won't work and they may be prompted to enter the main Central account credentials (in this case, your credentials). This would be the only scenario where such additional information is required in order to install Bitdefender on other devices.

This happens because multi-user home solutions are intended to be installed on devices that belong to the same household, and because a login attempt from another country can be a sign of suspicious activity, so the login security measures in place will be triggered if someone abroad is trying to use an install link coming from your account. These restrictions also have the purpose to deter unfair usage and unauthorized resale of license slots.

Otherwise, protection can be installed on other devices without sharing your account credentials, as this is how it was designed to work. The other devices sharing your Bitdefender subscription will be basically linked to your Central account, so that the antivirus can draw its validity and configuration from there, but you are the only one that can view all the devices associated with your account to manage security remotely on them.

Of course, the people that have their devices protected by your subscription can create Central accounts of their own, but these will no longer be linked to your subscription, so they'll have to purchase their own Bitdefender subscription/license to cover their devices.

I hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Alex

• Cisak
    Options

Hi Alexandru_BD thank you very much for your answer it was exactly what I needed, it's easy when you have google translate. I currently have Bitdefender Premium Security, but am updating to PREMIUM SECURITY PLUS. Regarding your answer, it is my wife who would like to have her own Bitdefender Password manager and I want that too, it gets too messy when my saved links are visible in her Password manager and vice versa.

Welcome back to Sweden Alexandru_BD.

Christer

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good morning,

Great photo! 🙂

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Cisak
    Options

Hi TaxiMagicien42

The photo is the love of my life after my wife of course.

I have a wish for Bitdefender, and that is to add a storage service in Bitdefender, instead of using Microsoft and others, it would be great to have everything under one roof, it would be very easy to pay extra for.

10 TB would go a long way.

You can think about it.

Kind regards, Christer

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good evening @Cisak

Thank you for your feedback.

Bitdefender’s development teams are aware of your desire to have a storage service.

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 25
    Options

Hello @Cisak and thanks for sharing more information with us. That's a very cute dog you have there. I love dogs.

I'm not yet back in Sweden, but I wish to visit again. 🙂

So, currently there's only one way to have multiple users for Password Manager. A Shared Plan was made available in the Bitdefender portfolio and can be purchased separately from the Premium Security packages that only include password security for individual use. The Shared Plan can be used by up to 4 people.

I know it's not ideal for you, since you wish to have both antivirus protection and Password Manager for multiple users under the same subscription, but this is the option available at the moment. As the Bitdefender portfolio evolves, perhaps we will see more suites that include a multi-user password manager in the near future.

But here's the thing, perhaps you could ask the Support teams for a solution in your case, to be able to use two accounts with Password Manager? Especially since you wish to upgrade your solution to Premium Security Plus.

Now, I can't guarantee a positive outcome here, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Best regards from Bucharest 🙂

• Cisak
    Options

Hej Alexandru_BD

Great to get a comment from you and will of course check out your suggestions, just can't not run such a great security program.

Have a great day in Bukarest