Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus for Mac on a MacBook with 2 volumes

Options

Hi,

I've been struggling to use Bitdefender antivirus on my Macbook for both my volumes. I made a volume for work stuff and a volume for personal use. I can only install Bitdefender on one volume while they are both on the same macbook and harddrive. Apparently Bitdefender sees this as 2 different devices. It's a bit ridiculous to me to buy another subscription when its all on the same device.

Is there a way to get Bitdefender on both volumes without having to buy another subscription?

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Sweetsusie,

You could consider merging the two volumes into one partition. This would effectively eliminate the issue of the antivirus software seeing them as separate devices. However, be cautious when modifying partitions, as it can potentially lead to data loss if not done correctly. Make sure to back up your data before attempting any partition modifications.

Another workaround could involve setting up a virtual machine on one of the volumes and installing the antivirus software within the VM. This way, the antivirus software would only see one "device" (the virtual machine) even though it's running on the same physical hardware.

Apart from this, you can also contact the Bitdefender Support teams, explain your situation and ask them if there's a way around this. You can get in touch with them using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know what worked for you.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Susie83
    Susie83
    edited March 2
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD ! Thank you for the reply. My first choice would be a partition.

I wiped my laptop and made the volumes before continuing to install the the MacOs's. So I think they are already on the same partition. Please correct me if im wrong.