Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Account falsely showing up as expired - how to reset?

Options

I have the latest version of the Bitdefender app (27.0.1.263) installed on Windows 10 Home 22H2 64-bit. I have no other antivirus apps installed.

I am currently using the Free plan, which to my knowledge does not have an expiration date. Checking Bitdefender Central confirmed that my account is active and my devices are protected, and I did not see anything about expiring subscriptions there. But on the Windows desktop app it says "Your subscription has expired" and "This device is no longer protected against threats," and I cannot access any of the settings.

However it still seems to be working in the background (I downloaded the EICAR test file and Bitdefender immediately detected and quarantined it) so I am not too worried as the expiration message is likely a bug. But the message is preventing me from manually scanning files, so I cannot keep ignoring it.

Should I fully uninstall and reinstall the app or is there another way to reset the message? Or should I wait for an update to fix the issue?

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@prawojazdy66 ,

I have not seen any other reports of this anomaly. Bitdefender Free is free. I suspect that there is a new bug introduced with an update.

You could do a repair install to see if the issue is resolved . . .

If that does not resolve the issue, I would wait to see what @Alexandru_BD, our Forum Administrator, has to say after he has investigated. I am uncertain as to what support, if any, Bitdefender offers to users of the free version. This is the weekend, so he won't be back until Monday.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Answers