Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Have 'automatic renewal' switched off, but Bitdefender announced that it will renew my subscription

Options

Although I've changed months ago that I don't want to automatically renew my BitDefender account, I've received today (March 7, 2024) an announcement per email that my subscription for Bitdefender automatically will be renewed as of March 14, 2024. First of all this is totally unacceptable and secondly this is agains Bitdefender's own policy where Bitdefender states on their website: "You will receive a notification via e-mail 30 days before the extension takes place." Well, my math is that good that I can tell you that the time between the notification mail and the renewal of the subscription counts only 7 days and not 30 days!

Long story short ... I don't want my account to be automatically renewed and it is not possible for me to cancel the subscription in my account, so I will do anything to prevent that the amount for the subscription will be withdrawn from my bankaccount.

I urgently appeal to Bitdefender Support Team to make my subscription as of March 14, 2024, as I adjusted months ago in my account!

Kind regards,

Marco

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Marco538 ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. I replied to your Personal Message and invited @Alexandru_BD to provide his advice and assistance.

Moderator: Perhaps this topic should be moved to the Central and Subscriptions Forum.

Please wait for @Alexandru_BD to reply if the link I sent you via PM does not work to cancel the auto-renewal.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Marco538,

I've replied to you privately, but I will share my response here as well:

Marco, the first thing that must be established is IF you have more than one subscription, for example if you have already cancelled the automatic renewal feature for a previous one, then purchased another subscription at some point, because each purchase has its own renewal flow. This means that, preferences are not kept from one subscription to another, especially in cases where the customer renews the protection manually with a new purchase. This happens because the Central account can accommodate multiple subscriptions and the customers can choose whether to extend the current subscription (case in which the automatic renewal date is extended further, or parallel activation, with the scope to protect more devices, or whenever the two subscriptions are not identical and their validity cannot be merged).

It's important to note that we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum, although this forum is focused on support for the users from users such as yourself. I cannot say exacty why the automatic renewal for your subscription hasn't been canceled if you have previously expressed this preference, but I can think of a couple of reasons:

• either you have multiple subscriptions in the account, so maybe the automatic renewal feature was cancelled for one of them and not for the other one(s);
    • or a mistake has been made and the automatic billing has not been properly disabled for your subscription;
    • or you have previously received a validity extension and the expiration date has not been adjusted in 2Checkout as well (this is the subscription management platform where the automatic renewals and payments are being carried out for customers who purchased Bitdefender from the official website - it can be Digital River as well, depending on the country where you are based.

In the event you couldn't disable the automatic renewal feature yourself, the best way to move forward is to contact the Bitdefender Support teams, as they can access your account directly and apply such modifications using the dedicated support tools. I'm sure the situation can be clarified by them. You can contact the Support teams using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

In any case, I strongly advise you NOT to open a chargeback with your bank (in the event the funds were withdrawn already, and reach out to customer service instead. If you choose to initiate a chargeback with your bank, credit card company, or PayPal, the process can be lengthy, taking up to 3-4 months before you receive a final resolution.

I hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Cotton
    Options

cancelling auto renewal. Advise steps for cancellation of account.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user