Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Alert Mode in Firewall settings keeps shutting itself off

Options

I noticed recently since my latest product update that in Firewall settings, Alert Mode was shut off and I always keep it turned on. I am 100% certain that I did not turn it off by mistake. So i switched it back on and even enabled Password protection for all settings. I then confirmed it was turned on and closed the settings window. A few minutes later I check the Firewall settings again on a whim and I see that it is once again turned off. I turn it back on a second time and input my password to make the change. This time I leave the settings window up and I watch it, and sure enough a few minutes later I watch the Alert mode setting turn itself off, and did not prompt me for my password to make the change even though the password protection is enabled.

This is a very serious bug as it can cause a major security breach. Can someone please tell me how can I report this as a bug to get it fixed asap?

Answers