Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What is Rarsfx?

Options

So I got alt tabbed out of a game I was playing and when I looked in the notifications of Bitdefender I saw that something was allowed through the firewall. I denied it so I don't have the exact file path but I think it was like

c:/Windows/Temp/Rarsfx1/packages/installer.exe

I had this same file like a year ago, and again I've looked up things and there's really nothing conclusive. The folder and file deleted itself too when I right clicked on something called "installation file" or something similar that was in my task manager. Same thing that happened when I first saw Rarsfx a year ago.

Only post I've found that said anything was this, an old Bitdefender forum post.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

RarSFX is a technology that lets you put an installer inside a compressed RAR file, making it self-extracting. This means when you run it, it can automatically start the installation process. The file being in the Temp folder suggests it's a temporary file used just for installation. Once the installation is done, the file gets deleted because it's no longer needed.

Perform the steps provided below:

1) Open the Run command and execute the following commands one by one:

temp – delete all the files in the folder.

%temp% – delete all the files in the folder.

prefetch – delete all the files in the folder.

2) Run Disk Cleanup using this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/disk-cleanup-in-windows-8a96ff42-5751-39ad-23d6-434b4d5b9a68

That's it. Everything is sorted afterwards.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)