Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Alert repeating "endless loop" on Windows 11

Options
technomad
technomad Defender of the month ✭✭

Since an update last year whenever an app has changed and the firewall alert panel pops up if I don't click it immeditately then I will need to click multiple times to make it go away. If I am not at my computer when it happens it almost seems like an endless loop and I have to reboot to make it go away.

I have raised a support ticket and after a bit of back and forth was told it is a known issue and is being worked on. It seems like a significant bug to me and even after multiple releases since the problem first occurred it is still in the software.

I'm wondering how common this issue is.

I tired to post some YouTube hosted video screen reocrdings but I don't have enough XP for that yet.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@technomad ,

I have not read about that specific issue here, but it could have been reported, and I missed it.

Have you tried a "repair install?"

If that does not resolve the issue, then I would escalate it to Bitdefender Support. Chat is the fastest way to reach them.

Good luck, and please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• technomad
    edited March 7
    Options

I just performed a re-install as it fixed another issue I reported here but nothing changed.

• garioch7
    Options

@technomad ,

I would pursue the Support Ticket that you have raised. @Alexandru_BD , would you be so kind as to look into this and provide an update?

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• technomad
    Options

Here is the email acknowledging it was already known about. I have followed up since then with the same response.

• garioch7
    Options

@technomad ,

Thank you for sharing the email from BD Tech Support. I am sure that @Alexandru_BD or @camarie will be able to quickly provide you with an update when they are back to work tomorrow. It is night in Romania right now.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

I am not very familiar with the firewall, but I forwarded to the guys doing it. Will get back when I have feedback/news from them.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

I can confirm there is already an issue in progress recorded in our development team. It will be addressed and hopefully fixed quickly. As soon as I have a confirmation from the dev+tests, a release date containing this fix can be estimated. For now all I know is that the issue is known and in progress.

• technomad
    Options
  • technomad
    Options

I really hoped this latest aler mode update would fix thsi problem too but it hasn't.