BDTS and system restore,could you explain me the best way to restore my OS?

I've recently performed a system restore from a restore point saved,the reason was that I've suddenly lost all my tabs opened in my Opera browser and I can't find them anymore (I haven't saved them in bookmarks or other locations),I've had some trouble during the process with that error caused by Birdefender that doesn't let you perform the restoration unless you uninstall it as it is explained here :

I've tried the 2 methods and now I've restored following num 1 : runned Bitdefender Uninstalling Tool,rebooted in safe mode,performed the system restore from the selected restore point, rebooted again in normal mode and runned again the tool. Now I've not already reinstalled the av because I wasn't been able to regain these opened tabs in my Opera after the restoration (I'm working on a solution but if you have some ideas I'll appreciate), so I'm thinking to try again to restore from this restore point or from another previous one,all that said, at this point it is necessary to reboot again in safe mode to restore from a restore point or I can do that also in normal mode ( consider that at this point I've not reinstalled BDTS ) ?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Since you had not bookmarked anything and all your opened tabs have been closed, and you've already tried using System Restore, there is nothing that can be done to recover those opened tabs. Chances are, if System Restore had not been run, you could have opened Opera browser and used the (Ctrl+Shift+T) keys on your keyboard to restore the closed tabs. However, at this point, it seems it will no longer be possible to restore those tabs.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I'm thinking to try another system restore to that restore point saved or another one saved before that one...Or in case that will not work I'll try to restore from the last backup that I've done, what you think about that ?

Anyway at this point, considering that BDTS is not installed on the OS,have I to perform the resoration in safe or normal mode ??

And again,is normal that after the uninstallation done with Bitdefender Uninstalling Tool the Bitdefender's folder are still present on the Hard disk in : " C:\Programmi\Bitdefender" and "C:\Programmi\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security" ? Looking in Windows Settings in App there isn't any voice about Bitdefender,the same in Control Panel's Programs and Features.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

As far as I know, no matter which system restore point you choose, you won’t be able to recover closed tabs. Regarding Bitdefender, even after uninstallation, some folders and registry keys may remain in the system and require manual removal.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Why even with system restore from a restore point that will not work?