Bitdefender Total Security 2020 causing constant read-access to my external HDD and USB ports

Hello,

Ever since the last update to BDTS 2020 anything connected to my USB ports suffers from constant read-access. I know that it is being caused by BD because after many days of research and testing I found that after uninstalling BD this behavior stopped. Upon installing BD again right at the final point of its install the constant read-access to my USB ports starts all over again. This makes the external HDD I use for backing up my PC being accessed constantly and thus will shorten its lifespan. I have looked at every setting in BD and nothing will make this behavior stop. I am running Windows 10 Home Ver. 2004 Build 19041.331

Is anyone else seeing this behavior with BDTS 2020?

Thank you in advance for any support on this issue.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.