Threats Stopped and Deleted...Now Bitdefender Wants Full Access for "Antivirus for Mac"

I've been using Bitdefender for my iMac for several years now and have not had any threats. In the past week I have received three threats that were caught by Bitdefender but my system is acting strange since these occurrences.

1. the threats were files with the name "Trojan" in them that attempted to execute but were stopped by Bitdefender. The files were on an external drive.

2. My Bitdefender Main Window now says "At Risk" and it is telling me I need to provide full disk access to "Antivirus for Mac". (My system has already provided Full Access to BDLDaemon).  I am concerned that after several years, Bitdefender is now asking me to do this just days after the file threats were identified.

3. Your website says to provide full disk access by allowing "BDLDaemon" full access. My system already has provided this access. But now, the Main Window is telling me to provide full access by adding a file called "Antivirus for Mac" to the System Preferences and allowing it full disk access. This also concerns me as this file is located on the same external drive the threat files were on!

I have not done anything at this point until I hear from one of you experts out there.

Thank you for your help.

Tagged: