VPN stuck in never ending Reconnecting

Was using the internet last night when my connection went down. Turned out to be some on my ISP end but when I started my VPN this morning it goes to automatically to "Reconnecting" and doesn't connect. I was going to uninstall the VPN itself but decided to exercise caution when the uninstall warning pop up came up and said it would be permantly deleted as well as lose all product settings. I didn't know what that entailed so I thought I'd ask the question here. How do I get this damn thing working again? Thank you.

Answers

• same issue here for the last 2 weeks

• Having the same issue. What gives? Paid for this.

Why isn't it working?

• Had a power failure so obviously my internet went down, now my Premium VPN just goes to "reconnecting" and doesn't connect. Anyone have a solution for this?

• Hello @Danielisfree316,

There are a few general causes for connection errors encountered by Bitdefender VPN:

• You are not connected to the Internet and can’t access the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable. Make sure you have Internet access before using Bitdefender VPN.
    • A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer, or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • You’re on a public Wi-Fi such as work, school, airport, etc. which may have blocked the ports required by Bitdefender VPN. You need to contact the network administrator to try and change their firewall settings.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

If the connectivity issue persists, check the article below for troubleshooting steps and recommendations:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user