Can't access the items in my "Safe files" list from my Mac Finder

sd
sd
edited July 2022 in Install & Updates

Hi all -

Ever since i downloaded bitfinder, i can't access the items that are in the folders that were marked as "Safe files" normally. Normally being - accessing the folders in which these items were originally stored. It's as if these files have just been deleted off my computer. I've tried to add finder as a safe app and i've also tried to remove those paths from my safe files list but nothing is working. i can't find any of my files. Please let me know if you have any solutions!

Answers

• Hello,

Are you trying to remove files from the protected environment?

The Bitdefender Safe Files wizard appears as soon as you install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac on your Macintosh. By default, the following folders are protected: - Users/myname/desktop - Users/myname/documents - Users/myname/downloads - Users/myname/pictures.

1. Click on the top menu bar icon of Bitdefender.

2. Select Open main window.

3. Go to the Protection window and select the Ransomware Protection tab.

4. Click the button labeled with the plus sign (+), located under the protected files list, then choose the file, folder or volume to be protected in case ransomware attacks will try access them.

To add or remove an application from the protected environment, do the following:

1. Click on the top menu bar icon of Bitdefender.

2. Select Open main window.

3. Go to the Protection window and select the Ransomware Protection tab.

4. Click on the Application Access button.

5. Click Add (+).

6. Select the apps you want to manage.

7. Click Open.

8. Click OK to confirm the changes. You will be informed each time an unknown app with an unusual behavior will try to modify the files you added. Click Allow or Block to add it to the Managed Applications list. If, for example, you block Microsoft Word, the app will no longer be able to modify any files or save documents in the protected locations.

NOTE: Apps signed by Apple cannot be blocked. Thus, users can only block those developed by third parties.

If you are encountering any issues with the Safe Files, kindly contact the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose your desired contact channel.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user