How Can I Disable Nag Screens For VPN And Password Manager On Windows 10?
I'm a BD subscriber, but I also have existing subs to NordVPN and Bitwarden so my needs for VPN and password management are already covered quite well thank you.
Every. Single. Time. That I download a file or get a password screen BD pops up like an eager puppy to remind me that it has those features available.
Is there a setting somewhere that I can use to prevent that? If not, BD will not be my AV service after the end of this subscription. It repeatedly interrupts my workflow with these unnecessary reminders plus it frequently tells me it has blocked unsafe contacts, interrupting my workflow more often than anything else on this laptop!
Open your Bitdefender program and go to:
1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)
2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)
3. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"
4. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"
5. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)
After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.
REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.
Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".
When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.
Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):
open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".