Bitdefender Password Manager Improvements And Suggestions
Maybe this should be a pinned post started by a moderator instead (I kind of expected to find that but there isn't one). But features that I really miss since switching from Lastpass (and some features that Lastpass also lacks):
- Full screen view of your accounts list. I have about 1400 passwords and I need to do some serious cleaning up (especially after the Lastpass breach), but it's pretty much impossible to do that from the pop up menu from the plugin.
- Easy search for duplicates. Just an option to let password manager show you all duplicates and tell you which is the most recent password so you can just delete all the older entries (as opposed to having to think for which sites you may have duplicates and searching for all of those manually).
- Stop changing the order when using a login. Say I manually search for duplicates for for instance facebook. I find 3 accounts in password manager. I try the bottom one. It fails. But now the bottom one is the top one because it is the last used. And I mistakenly delete the bottom one and lose access to facebook. Very very annoying.
- Stop creating duplicates. For some reason password manager creates new duplicate entries when I log in to websites. I just keep getting more and more duplicates. It should offer to change my password if there's already an entry (it would still be mistakenly thinking it's a new password, but at least it wouldn't create a duplicate). Instead it creates a new duplicate entry. This seems to mostly happen when it isn't fully logged in (when you have to enter your pincode for full access).
- Recognize apps. Whenever I want to use password manager on my mobile, for almost all apps I have to manually enter my username, then go to password manager, search for the account, copy the password, go back to the app and paste the password. This is really user unfriendly.
- Allow entries without a URL to be edited. I have several entries where it doesn't have url and username because it didn't save it right from the original import. I then want to enter the username and save. But it won't save without a proper url. But when it's an app password, there is no URL. This is just kind of ridiculous. I then have to make up a url just to be able to save my username for an app password entry.
- Family plans. I know you're working on it but I'm still listing this because I really need to be able to help keep my elderly parents' passwords safe and be able to recover them if necessary. I can only do that with a family plan.
I'm happy that Bitdefender is keeping my passwords safer than Lastpass was, but there's still a lot of room for improvement as far as features and user friendliness is concerned.