Anyone Else Keep Having MacOS Client Log Out?

I have four MacOS machines on my network. 3 MacBookPro Touchbar based and one pre-touch bar MacBookPro. I also have Windows and Android devices on the account that don't have this issue.

The three touch bar macs which are most frequently used keep forcing me to log them back in via the BitDefender AV Agent every day or so, sometimes twice in one day.

It seems that if I login on one, it kicks one or two of the others off, and this repeats as I move from mac to mac trying to get them all logged in at the same time. It appears to disable AV until I log back in.

I have more than enough licenses for all 4 machines.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the AV Agent. I've use Central's add new device linke for each individually. Nothing fixes it.

I also have the years old problem that they replace each other in Bitdefender Central, sometimes I might see two at one time, but eventually in Central I only see one. I know the Central issue is covered in another thread here: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/80086/two-macs-only-recognized-as-one-on-central

But now I'm worried that this is causing the AV client to disable as well.

This started a few months ago and only seems to be getting worse.

Anyone else have this issue?

Answers

• Same problem

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

It seems that other users are experiencing the same issue:

Like already suggested in that post, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Thanks, I hadn't found that thread, I'll go look through that and have to ping BitDefender support.

• Hello,

You are not alone, I hereby confirm that our Support Teams have received similar reports recently and there's an ongoing investigation to find the root cause and fix this. Our developers are addressing the matter with the highest priority available.

My recommendation would also be to get in touch with the Support engineers, as they need to collect more information from the affected users, to help the developers come up with a resolution in the shortest time possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you, I have opened a ticket now for this issue.

• I have this problem on two separate Macs, a MacBook Pro 16" and a MacBook Air, both having Intel processors and both running macOS Ventura v13.2.1.

After Bitdefender in my MacBook Air stopped working and had required me to login for the fifth time, I asked a Bitdefender chat agent for help but he had none to offer. He told me, unhelpfully, to uninstall Bitdefender and then to reinstall it.

I told him that it was insane, by definition, to do the same thing (installing the same program) and to expect a different result. He INSISTED, irrationally, that if I just uninstalled and reinstalled Bitdefender, MAGIC would occur and this time Bitdefender would work properly.

I did not believe him, and I was right. Sure enough, within three hours, Bitdefender stopped working and wanted me to log in again. This time it was Bitdefender in my other Mac, the MacBook Pro 16".

Bitdefender's so-called support agents need to stop giving insane advice and to stop wasting our time, Bitdefender's programmers need to start testing and debugging their product, as they should have done months ago.

I regret buying Bitdefender; and I regret allowing Bitdefender's agent lie to me as though I were a gullible child. Now I'm looking for another antivirus product -- one that works and is supported by its developer.

I'd welcome suggestions, here or (better, 'cuz I may lose access to this forum) via e-mail to ccc[at]mit.edu. Thanks. --ccc3

• Hello @ccc3 and thank you for joining the conversation here.

I have checked the open ticket and provided your feedback to our engineers. I apologize on behalf of the Support representative for the misunderstanding. At the time of your inquiry, the agent made the call based on the available information to him, as it was not clear at that point the request had to do with the login situation previously acknowledged by the development teams. I hereby confirm reinstalling the antivirus does not solve the issue and so far we haven't received a workaround. But there's an ongoing investigation to resolve this and the development teams are gathering more information from the affected users. They will come up with a resolution soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

There's no reason to loose access to the forum and if you are encountering any issues with your account, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Regards

• So after posting on this forum, and submitting a ticket, the issue has not occured again for almost a week. I wasn't even able to collect the details asked for from the support team as the issue hasn't re-occurred.

I've also noticed that all three of my Macs are now showing up in BitDefender Central, where they wouldn't before (one would clear out the other, now all three have remained for nearly a week).

Something seems to have changed, fingers crossed it's actually fixed.

• Thanks @DCaf for posting about this issue. I've been having the same problem for several weeks. I have a 5 seat Bitdefender licence and I'm currently using it on 3 devices, my 2018 Intel MacBook Pro, my wife's 2019 Intel MacBook Air, and an old Windows laptop. The Bitdefender agent on my wife's MacBook Air has been frequently logging itself out for the last few weeks, but the other two devices have been fine without any issues. This is a big security risk as the Agent stops running when it logs out, leaving the system unprotected. My wife doesn't notice when this happens on her MacBook Air as the Bitdefender icon is tiny and she doesn't often check it as she assumes it's just working. The log-out problem hasn't happened for the last few days, but I don't know if this is just by chance or whether it's now been fixed. I'll report back here if it keeps happening.

I don't know if this is related or not, but two other things have just changed for me in Bitdefender Central. I can now see all 3 of my devices listed, whereas previously it only showed 1 of the 2 MacBooks. Also, it is now incorrectly reporting that I'm using all 5 seats of my licence but I'm only running on 3 devices! Looks like one problem has been fixed and another has been created...

• Hi @iantho,

This looks like a task for the Support engineers to tackle. Indeed, the information displayed in Central does not appear to be correct. Head to the link below to choose from one of the available contact channels and get in touch with them:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

There are two separate issues to be addressed here. One concerns the agent logout and the other one the device limit reached, which is incorrect, based on the actual number of occupied slots. But more information from the devices is required for an accurate diagnosis and our Support engineers have the right tools to help here.

Regards

• Hello,

We have the same problem in our computer network with Bitdefender clients that are disconnected every time a client reconnects. 

This is related to the famous problem of MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (Mac address ac:de:48:00:11:32).

Do you have any news about the resolution of this serious problem that puts the security of our company at risk?

Thank you in advance for your help.

JC

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 2023

Generate bitdefender BDsysLog for macOS: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/11198/

Generate bitdefender BDProfiler log for macOS: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1863/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)