Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Setting all Bitdefender processes to run on only Intel 13900KS E-Cores

Options

I saw another post about this with Intels 12th gen but the responding people had zero knowledge of how Intels 12th through 14th Gen processors all have P-cores and E-cores, and how programs like Bitdefender are able to be configured to only run on specific cores through the Affinity option in windows 11 task manager by going into the Details tab, right clicking on a process and clicking "Set Affinity". My question is just like the other post, is whether or not setting all of the 19 different Bitdefender background processes to only the E-cores, would still keep Bitdefender running properly? and if so what is the minimum number of E-cores out of the 16 total on a 13900KS, would be needed? I would like to keep using bitdefender and renew my anual that is coming up in the next couple weeks but am not wanting Bitdefender's crazy amount of background processes using any of my main 8 P-cores. Setting affinity for each of the 19 processes in the details tab, to only use as few of the e-cores as is necessary. Would appreciate an answer to this since the only other post about this, was not answered anywhere even close to properly. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can set all of the 19 different Bitdefender background processes to only the E-cores and still keep Bitdefender running properly. However, it is important to note that Bitdefender is designed to use all of the available cores in your system to provide the best possible protection. By limiting Bitdefender to the E-cores, you may be reducing the effectiveness of your antivirus protection.

The minimum number of E-cores that you would need to set Bitdefender to use is 2. This is because Bitdefender requires at least 2 cores to run properly. However, if you want to ensure that Bitdefender has enough resources to provide the best possible protection, you should set it to use all 16 E-cores.

Here are the steps on how to set Bitdefender to only use the E-cores:

1) Open Task Manager.

2) Go to the Details tab.

3) Right-click on a Bitdefender process and click "Set Affinity".

4) Uncheck all of the P-cores and check all of the E-cores.

5) Click "OK".

6) Repeat steps 3-5 for all 19 Bitdefender processes.

Once you have completed these steps, Bitdefender will only use the E-cores. This will help to free up the P-cores for other tasks, such as gaming or video editing.

Please note that setting Bitdefender to only use the E-cores may reduce the effectiveness of your antivirus protection. If you are concerned about this, you can set Bitdefender to use all of the available cores in your system.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)