Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Central Settings - Show/Don't show snap photos - what is that?

Options

In Bitdefender central Setting You can find above option.

What is that and how it works? What happens when it is turned on or off? I had problems with finding any information about that feature.

Thx in advance!

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

As far as I know, this feature automatically captures the image of the person who has stolen your device by using the device's camera, and the image then appears in the anti-theft section of Bitdefender Central.

@Alexandru_BD can help in briefly explaining that.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Trox,

Snap photos is part of the Anti-theft feature available in Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android. It snaps a mugshot of anyone who tries to tamper with your mobile device in your absence, and emails it to you.

Each time someone will try to unlock your device without success while Snap Photo is turned on, Bitdefender will take a photo of him. More exactly, every time the PIN code, password, or fingerprint confirmation you set to protect your device is entered wrong three times in a row, a photo is taken using the front camera. The photo is saved together with the time-stamp and reason and can be seen when you open Bitdefender Mobile Security and access the Anti-Theft window.

You can view the taken photo in your Bitdefender account:

• Go to https://central.bitdefender.com and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.

• Tap the menu in the upper left-hand corner, then select My Devices.

• Select your Android device, then Anti-Theft.

• Tap Lock device, then View snapshots to view the latest photos that were taken. Only the two most recent photos are saved.

As you've noticed, you can stop making visible the snapped photos taken on your devices from settings.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Eng youssef
    Eng youssef Engineer
    Options

it doesn't appear for me

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Eng youssef ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. It does not show for me either.

I wonder if that is because there have never been three consecutive failed login attempts. If so, Central would have no photos to display because none were taken.

You could always try entering the wrong password or PIN three times in a row and see if a photo is taken and then appears in your Central Account.

Please let us know how it goes. I am curious. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor