Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Exceptions - Return Control Back to Us Users

Options

Bitdefender DOES NOT respect my choices for exceptions. In fact, some options, such as "Advanced Threat Defense" are grayed out.

I really do not care if Bitdefender thinks creating an exception for a thumb drive or mapped volume is unwise. It's MY computer, not Bitdefender's. If I don't want something scanned, that's MY business, not Bitdefender's.

We DEMAND the ability to FULLY except any volume, folder or file on OUR computers, and it's really none of Bitdefender's business to dictate otherwise.

In fact, Bitdefender is NOT AUTHORIZED to circumvent our choices, much less prevent us from creating a full exception in the first place!

Let's see how Norton Security handles it: "You can assign exclusions to local drives, folders, groups of files, single files, or network drives." Norton DOES NOT gray out certain elements of an exclusion (exception). They allow us USERS to FULLY exclude a thumb drive, external HDD/SSD, letter-mapped mounted volume, or any other kind of drive.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16
    Options

@IT_Writer ,

I responded to your identical post in the Windows, Protection, Malware, Firmware, etc. Forum. I do understand your frustration, but duplicating simultaneous identical posts across the BD Forums is not encouraged.

The product is not designed to ignore user exceptions—quite the opposite. This is a bug that needs to be found and squashed. So, a Moderator should close this Topic because it does not suggest a product enhancement.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• IT_Writer
    Options

I understand. I was merely hoping to find more minds, one of whom might have a solution.

I will refrain from doing so in the future.