Trojan File Keeps Coming Back. What To Do?

A file auto downloaded from a site and I accidentally clicked on it instead of deleting it, since it's a one click to open on Chrome. Bitdefender picked up a "chrome.bat" file and quarantined it, but it keeps on reappearing. I've ran a couple full scans and nothing comes up for some kind of program running in the background.

I don't know what to do and don't want my system to be compromised.

The main annoyance with this, as bitdefender seems to be doing its job, to be honest is that I keep on getting notifications every few minutes about "threat detected" and it deselects my current window so I have to click back into it.

Best Answer

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

This sounds like a task for the Bitdefender anti-malware team, so do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution.

Regards.

• @WolfeHowles,

The main annoyance with this, as bitdefender seems to be doing its job, to be honest is that I keep on getting notifications every few minutes about "threat detected" and it deselects my current window so I have to click back into it. - Regarding this, check if you have the version 26.0.32.116 installed, because it contains some improvements released specifically for this pop-up notification behaviour.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@Alexandru_BD I don't mean to follow up with you again, it's just that WolfeHowles is new here and may not know how to easily find the version number., so I just wanted to make sure :)

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/320528/#Comment_320528

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2023

Thank you @Scott, I appreciate it very much!! 👍️

By the way, the whole "Threat detected" saga can be found here:

But this topic is also spreaded on several threads across the forum.

The main issue was that such notifications were stealing focus as they appeared on the screen numerous times after their initial dismissal. Now, I'm not sure if @WolfeHowles is encountering the same issue, but it's good practice to check for that update 😅

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• WolfeHowles
    edited January 2023

Thanks @Flexx for the troubleshooting steps, definitely going to be keeping them in mind for future. Unfortunately none of them resolved my issue :(

I'll be attempting to contact the support team as @Gjoksi suggests.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please, feel free.