Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Do I need to reinstall Bitdefender or is there a different problem?

Options

I downloaded and installed Bitdefender Total Security a couple months ago and didn't have any issues with it. Recently I scanned with the rescue environment as well as use the one click optimizer due to persistent high disk usage and slow performance (which I suspected was either due to a resilient threat or errors). No threats were found and several hundred registry errors were fixed, but afterward, now I keep getting the bad image error pop-up as shown in the attached screenshot. Does anyone know what is wrong? Do I have to reinstall Bitdefender or is it possible there is a resilient hidden threat on my machine that has attacked and compromised Bitdefender? Thank you.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

or

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @MichaelBA,

The repair process described by @Gjoksi at step 1 should fix this error. Try it out and let us know how it goes.

In regard to high disk usage and system performance, in the event this behavior persists on your devices, check the below article for possible causes and remediation recommendations:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Kocdter
    Kocdter Scderfd
    Options

To ensure that Bitdefender is installed correctly and functioning properly, you can try reinstalling it. Uninstall Bitdefender from your system and then download the latest version from the official Bitdefender website. Install it again and check if the "bad image" error persists. Make sure that you have the latest updates for Bitdefender Total Security installed. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can resolve issues like the "bad image" error. Open the Bitdefender application and look for an update option or check for updates within the settings. The "bad image" error can sometimes occur due to corrupted system files. You can use the System File Checker tool to scan and repair any corrupted files. Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator and run the command "sfc /scannow". Allow the scan to complete, and if any issues are found, the tool will attempt to repair them.