Syncing Password Manager across devices

Hi,

I have BitDefender Total Security on my windows PC and use password manager without problems. However Ive just tried extending it to my iPhone and iPad (by sending the URLfrom Total Security), and I can download the app but it doesnt sync and give me access to my passwords off the PC. Do i need to do something else to sync them up? I thought the URL would provide the link to my PC account.

Thanks

Andrew

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Hello.

Let's clarify some things:

"What’s the difference between Wallet and the new Bitdefender Password Manager?

Bitdefender Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk."

You said you use Bitdefender Total Security on your Windows PC, the same product i use on my laptop.

So, you have Wallet installed on your Windows PC, NOT Password Manager. And Wallet can be used only on that Windows device.

Maybe that is the reason you can't use Wallet on your iPhone and iPad devices.

This is my guess, although i'm pretty sure that is the reason.

Or maybe you have both Bitdefender Total Security AND Bitdefender Password Manager installed on your Windows PC.

Also, if you buy or already have a Password Manager subscription and want to export your Wallet data to Password Manager, you should take a look here:

Regards.

• Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply. Its quite confusing as in Bitdefender T.S. it refers to password manager and indicates "sync across devices"is on:

Ill delete the apps from my iPhone and iPad, and re-install once im sorted on my laptop. Could you please provide a link where I can download the Password Manager for windows from?

Thanks again

Andrew

• Gjoksi

Hi again.

Yeah, you are right. The terminology is kinda confusing and we already discussed about that here in the Community.

Anyway, Bitdefender Password Manager actually is not a standalone software, like Kaspersky Password Manager.

It's only an extension that can be installed on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari.

For the installation proces, you can take a look at these articles:

The Wallet data can be synchronyzed only between Windows devices. For example: you have two different Windows PCs with Bitdefender Total Security installed on both of them. You can sync the Wallet data between those two Windows PCs.

Regards.

• Installed the chrome extension but cant import the .csv export from wallet as the file is incompatible!?!?!?!?!?

Tried using the workaround as detailed in :https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2108/

But that doesnt work as advertised.

Given how difficult this has become and how its not even integrated with Bitdefender Total Security, can anyone recommend a better password manager?

• Gjoksi

@SomethingSomething

@Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD Please check on this. Thanks.

• Hello @SomethingSomething,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user